This is the best Oreo Balls recipe if you need a special red, white and blue treat.
You can also make a batch of Oreo Balls for any holiday season – reds and pink for Valentine’s Day or in greens for St. Patrick’s.
Get the kids to help you make this no-bake dessert. These easy Oreo balls are fun for the whole family!
How to make the best Oreo Balls
Oreo ball recipes are the perfect treat for parties and potlucks. Everyone loves these no-bake Oreo balls.
1. Start by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
2. Then use a food processor to crush cookies into fine crumbs.
If you don’t have a food processor, place the Oreos in a large zip lock bag. Seal it, then crush them with a rolling pin. Takes a bit more effort to make the crushed cookies, but it still works out just as well.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the Oreo cookie crumbs and softened cream cheese. (It helps to leave out the brick of cream cheese at room temperature ahead of time. That way it’s easy to mix with the cookie crumbs.)
4. Mix until they’re well combined.
5. Using a small cookie scoop, form the Oreo crumbs mixture into a ball.
6. Roll the Oreo cream cheese balls between your hands until they’re smooth.
7. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
8. Chill the Oreo cookie balls in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. (Longer is fine.)
9. Break the almond bark chocolate into squares and place it in a microwave-safe bowl.
10. Start heating it in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir almond bark.
11. Heat the chocolate bark coating for 10-20 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating. Stop when there are a few bits of bark chocolate left. Then stir until completely melted.
(You can also heat the almond bark chocolate in a double boiler if you find that easier.)
12. Using a fork, dip an Oreo ball into the chocolate and shake off excess chocolate.
13. Place it on the cookie sheet. Let harden for about 10-15 minutes. Repeat with another layer of melted chocolate if necessary.
14. Let harden while you prepare the colored candy melts.
15. In 2 separate microwave-safe bowls, add candy melts.
16. Start heating in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir candy melts.
17. Heat for 10-20 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating. Stop when there are a few bits of chocolate left, then stir until completely melted. Transfer melted chocolate to plastic squeeze bottles.
18. Drizzle Oreo balls with red and blue chocolate. Immediately add sprinkles.
19. For best results, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
What is almond bark?
Almond bark is a chocolate-like confection made with vegetable fats instead of cocoa butter.
Unlike regular chocolate, almond bark doesn’t need tempering, melts easily, and is super easy to use.
It’s also called vanilla-flavored candy coating.
What is a candy melt?
Candy melts are chocolate-like, melt easily, and don’t need to be tempered to set.
Even better, it comes in a variety of colors! You can find candy melts at grocery stores, Walmart, and craft stores with a cake decorating section, like Michaels.
How to make gluten free Oreo Balls
Cookies: Swap out a package of regular Oreos for two packages of Gluten Free Oreos. (NOT double stuffed.)
Yes, that’s right, Oreo now sells Oreo Gluten Free Chocolate Sandwich Cookies. These certified gluten free taste like the original chocolate sandwich cookies with even creamier centers.
You’ll need two packages of gluten free Oreos since they’re smaller than regular Oreos packages.
Buy a couple of extra packages to make The Best No Bake Oreo Cheesecake!
Almond bark: While the package may not say it’s certified gluten free, it should be fine. However, these products may be processed on machinery that processes wheat, nuts, and peanuts.
Candy melts: These products do not contain wheat. However, they may be processed on machinery that also processes wheat, nuts, and peanuts.
Sprinkles: Luckily there is a huge selection of amazing gluten free sprinkles on Amazon.
Make black and white Oreo Balls
If you have an extreme gluten sensitivity, maybe you’d want to stay away from the candy melts and almond bark.
Dip the Oreo balls in melted chocolate and use a white chocolate drizzle using white chocolate chips. Or dip them in white chocolate and use a dark chocolate drizzle.
Pro tip: if your melted chocolate seems a little too thick, stir in a teaspoon or so of vegetable oil. This helps keep it nice and smooth.
Decorate with your favorite gluten free sprinkles. You could also use crushed candy canes for the holiday season.
Can I make these Oreo truffles dairy free?
It’s challenging, but you can make dairy free Oreo Balls with A LOT of substitutions. Here’s how
Cookies: Regular Oreos and gluten free Oreos are dairy free.
Cream cheese: Check out my 14 Best Substitutes for Cream Cheese (2021) list for vegan (non-dairy) cream cheese substitutes.
Almond bark and candy melts: These are NOT dairy free. Instead, use Enjoy Life Semi Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips, which are dairy free and vegan. You’ll have to stick to one color Oreo Balls and decorate with sprinkles.
Sprinkles: Luckily there is a huge selection of amazing gluten free sprinkles on Amazon that are also dairy free and vegan.
Make different flavor Oreo Balls
Want to make peppermint Oreo balls? Well, you can add some peppermint extract or use peppermint Oreos cookies.
There are also chocolate, birthday cake, peanut butter, and lemon Oreos. The possibilities are endless.
Remember each package of Oreos cookies comes in different sizes, so you’ll have to buy 1 or 2 packs depending on the number of cookies per pack.
And Oreo is always coming out with limited editions, like the Lady Gaga Oreos. So have fun and experiment!
1 hour 15 minutes
- 36 Oreo cookies (regular or gluten free, not double stuffed)
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound white almond bark chocolate
- 12 ounces red candy melts
- 12 ounces blue candy melts
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a food processor or large resealable bag and rolling pin, crush cookies into fine crumbs.
- In a large bowl, add cookie crumbs and softened cream cheese.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Using a small cookie dough scoop, form the cookie mixture into a ball.
- Roll the ball between your hands until it’s smooth.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. (Longer is fine.)
- Break almond bark chocolate into squares and place in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Start heating in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir almond bark chocolate.
- Heat for 10-20 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating. Stop when there are a few bits of chocolate bark left. Then stir until completely melted.
- Using a fork, dip the Oreo ball into the chocolate and shake off excess.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Let harden for about 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat with another layer of melted chocolate if necessary. Let harden while you prepare the colored candy melts.
- In 2 separate microwave-safe bowls, add candy melts.
- Start heating in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir candy melts.
- Heat for 10-20 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating. Stop when there are a few bits of chocolate left, then stir until completely melted.
- Transfer melted chocolate to plastic squeeze bottles.
- Drizzle Oreo balls with red and blue chocolate.
- Immediately add sprinkles.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 326Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 194mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.
Join Robinhood with my link and we’ll both get a free stock https://join.robinhood.com/antonih1183
Save 25% off your first order on regularly priced items with code NEWPSP25 at PsPrint.com! Be sure to use the code NEWPSP25!
10% off Promotional Products! *Other restrictions may apply Be sure to use the code MD260!