This no bake Oreo cheesecake is the ultimate in cheesecakes.
It’s one of my family’s favorite desserts. While it’s the ultimate summer dessert, you can make it year-round.
It’s easy to make this no bake cheesecake recipe gluten free and vegan with a few simple ingredients, too.
How to make a no bake Oreo cheesecake
It’s hard to believe this creamy Oreo cheesecake recipe requires no baking in the oven.
To make the Oreo crust
1. Place contents of a package of Oreos (541 gram) in a food processor. Process until there are just fine crumbs.
2. Pour the cookie crumbs into a large bowl.
3. Pour the melted butter into the crumb mixture. Mix until well combined.
(You can also pour the melted butter into the food processor and pulse the mixture until well combined.)
4. Press the cookie mixture firmly into a 9-inch springform pan to form the crust.
5. Chill the Oreo crumb crust in the fridge for 20 minutes.
6. While the crust is chilling, place a large mixing bowl and beaters into the freezer.
To make the cream cheese filling
1. Remove the mixing bowl and beaters from the freezer.
2. Pour the heavy cream into the bowl. Beat on low speed for 1-2 minutes, then increase the speed to medium-high and beat until stiff peaks form.
3. In another large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
4. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Mix the cream cheese filling mixture until well combined.
5. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese filling mixture until well combined.
6. Fold in the chopped cookies.
To make the Oreo cheesecake
1. Remove the springform pan from the refrigerator.
2. Add cream cheese filling on top of the crust layer, spreading it evenly.
3. Cover the pan tightly with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4-5 hours. Overnight is even better.
4. Remove from the springform pan from fridge when ready to serve.
5. Remove the no bake cheesecake from the pan. Add topping if desired. Slice and enjoy!
6. Cover tightly and store leftover cheesecake in the refrigerator.
What kitchen tools do you need?
● Food processor for chopping up the Oreos. You can also crush them in a resealable bag with a rolling pin.
● A 9-inch springform pan is a must for forming the crust and cheesecake.
● Handheld electric mixer OR
● Stand mixer with two bowls
How to make a gluten free Oreo cheesecake
Swap out a package of Oreos for two packages of Gluten Free Oreos.
Yes, that’s right, Oreo now sells two amazing gluten free cookies, Oreo Double Stuf Gluten Free Chocolate Sandwich Cookies and Oreo Gluten Free Chocolate Sandwich Cookies.
These certified gluten free taste like the original chocolate sandwich cookies with even creamier centers.
You’ll need a two packages of the gluten free Oreos since they’re smaller than regular Oreos packages.
Use extras cookies as topping for the no bake cheesecake or for snacking.
How to make vegan Oreo cheesecakes
Oreos, even the gluten free ones, aren’t certified as vegan. I know vegans who do eat them and others who don’t because of cross-contamination issues. (They’re processed in facilities that handle milk products.)
If you’re OK with Oreos, you can make this a vegan recipe with a few substitutions for a handful of ingredients:
- For the unsalted butter, use a vegan buttery spread or coconut oil that’s solid at room temperature
- For the cream cheese, use a vegan cream cheese like Tofutti or Trader Joe’s brand non-dairy cream cheese
- Instead of heavy whipping cream (for the filling), use full-fat unsweetened coconut cream (not coconut milk). For the best results, shake the can, then refrigerate the coconut cream overnight.
- For the whipped topping, try a vegan whipped topping like So Delicious Dairy Free CocoWhip Coconut Whipped Topping. I’ve used it in recipes like Weight Watchers Pumpkin Mousse and it’s delicious.
More tips for making Oreos Cheesecakes
Whipped topping: Use a topping like Cool Whip (or the store brand version) since it saves you time. I like using it since whipped topping doesn’t lose its fluffiness in an hour or two, unlike homemade whipped cream.
But if you have leftover heavy cream you don’t want to waste, then whip it up with some granulated sugar.
Optional toppings: Drizzle some chocolate syrup or caramel sauce on your Oreo cheesecake. This is the perfect cheesecake to have fun with!
Can you freeze Oreo cheesecakes?
Yes, you can freeze this Oreo cheesecake.
Freeze the whole cheesecake: First, wrap the Oreo cheesecake in a layer of plastic wrap. Then wrap it in a layer of aluminum foil. Label and date it.
Individual slices: This is a handy way of saving leftover cheesecake.
Cover a baking sheet in parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Place the individual slices on the baking sheet and freeze until solid. Then wrap the cheesecake in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
Thawing: Unwrap the cheesecake before thawing in the fridge.
More no bake desserts
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- Easy Fudge Recipe
- Watermelon Pizza Recipe
- No Bake Almond Butter Pie
- Keto Pumpkin Mousse
- Espresso Chocolate No Bake Pie
5 hours 20 minutes
- 1 package (541 gram) Oreo cookies, divided (part for the filling)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Oreo cookies, chopped
- Whipped topping, like Cool Whip
- Oreo cookies, regular size or mini
To make the Oreo crust
- Place the Oreos in a food processor. Process until there are fine crumbs.
- Pour the cookie crumbs into a large bowl.
- Pour melted butter into the crumb mixture. Mix until well combined. (You can also pour the melted butter into the food processor and pulse the mixture until well combined.)
- Press the cookie mixture firmly into a 9-inch springform pan to form the crust.
- Chill the Oreo crumb crust for 20 minutes.
- While the crust is chilling, place a large mixing bowl and beaters into the freezer.
To make the cream cheese filling
- Remove the mixing bowl and beaters from the freezer.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into the bowl. Beat on low speed for 1-2 minutes, then increase speed to medium-high and beat until stiff peaks form.
- In another large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Gently fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Fold in the chopped cookies.
To make the cheesecake
- Remove the crust from the refrigerator.
- Add cream cheese filling to the crust layer, spreading it evenly.
- Cover the Oreo cheesecake tightly with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4-5 hours. Overnight is even better.
- Remove from the springform pan from the fridge when ready to serve.
- Remove the no bake cheesecake from the pan. Add topping if desired. Slice and enjoy!
- Cover tightly and store leftover cheesecake in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 291Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated per the ingredients list. Serving size may not be accurate. Please double-check with your preferred nutritional app for the most accurate information.
Join Robinhood with my link and we’ll both get a free stock https://join.robinhood.com/antonih1183
Save 25% off your first order on regularly priced items with code NEWPSP25 at PsPrint.com! Be sure to use the code NEWPSP25!
10% off Promotional Products! *Other restrictions may apply Be sure to use the code MD260!